Global employee mobility & employment tax workshop - challenges, pitfalls and opportunities
This interactive workshop will highlight the common challenges, pitfalls and opportunities facing a business when dealing with its tax, payroll and work visa obligations for the following categories of employees:
- Foreign employees on assignment to South African companies
- South African employees on assignment to a foreign country (including across Africa)
- South African employees who frequently travel abroad on business, in addition to those employees who may work on a specified project for a period of time in another country
We will provide participants with:
- Practical advice regarding effective assignment structuring, including highlighting tax savings opportunities for inbound and outbound assignees and how to implement & administer such savings opportunities.
- Guidance around the design of a company’s international mobility policy framework. – we will cover both short and long term assignments, business commuters and employees who permanently relocate to another country
- Advice regarding the appropriate work visa to apply for in a given situation.
We will also cover the common challenges, pitfalls & opportunities facing an organisation in relation to South African employees' tax issues for both its local and assignee workforce, including:
- Employee expenses and allowances
- Engaging with third party contractors
- Employee incentive plans
- Employee remuneration policies
- Fringe benefits
- SARS PAYE tax audits
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is aimed at HR Directors/Masnagers, CFO's/Financial Controllers, Payroll Managers and any other person with responsibility for employees' and expatriate tax matters within an organisation.
Cost: R1 500.00 per person.
Start: 8 for 8:30am
- Grant Thornton Johannesburg
- Wanderers Office Park
- 52 Corlett Drive