Job No: NMC0221
A fully state-owned enterprise established in 1985 and in the commodity trading of white maize, premium rice and sugar beans, the National Maize Corporation (NMC) is looking to complement its dynamic and ambitious team by recruiting a Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the CEO is expected to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to the executive team by providing insight and guidance in the formulation of the organization’s values, strategic vision and mission in order to achieve the set annual goals
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Leading the development and implementation of the overall organization's strategy.
- Monitor industry development and policy environment.
- Build excellent bilateral relationships with shareholders, Board of Directors and other stakeholders as well as regulators.
- Overseeing the complete operation of the organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans (including the management of the Government Tractor Hire Services and Input Subsidy Project).
- Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals.
- Promote business growth that will enhance the organization’s mandate of being an all year round competitive market for Eswatini maize farmers.
- Promote domestic production of grains, especially maize and legumes to at least meet the local market demand.
- Representing the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities.
- Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the CEO's leadership skills, the organization's reputation, and the organization's potential for success.
- Ensure the development of a budget and compliance with all the legislative requirements (which includes Public Enterprises (Control & Monitoring) Act of 1989 and other statutory legislations) in respect of financial statements and a clean audit.
- Prepare Board papers and ensure that the Board of Directors are fully kept abreast with accurate, timely and sufficient information on the operations and performance of the organization, financial position and future prospects.
Required qualification and experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in Agriculture or MBA.
- 7 years’ experience in a senior management position.
Skills and competencies
- Interpersonal, analytical, leadership and management skills.
- Proven exposure to strategy development and implementation.
- Experience with corporate governance and proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
A detailed CV and certified copies of certificates should accompany applications which clearly state the position applied for. Applications should be received on or before 12th February 2021 and should be addressed to:
Applications for this position are now closed