Job No: CEO0217
Categories: Public sector
On behalf of our client the Small Enterprises Development Company LTD “SEDCO”, a category “A” Public Enterprise, we invite applications from qualified candidates who possess the required technical experience, vision and drive to apply for the Chief Executive Officer position.
SEDCO’s mandate is to provide facilitative interventions in SMME entrepreneurial activities to contribute to the national economic growth, employment creation and poverty reduction.
Responsible to the Board of Directors for overseeing all the strategic, operational, and financial performance of the organisation.
- Work with the Board to develop, implement and maintain the organisational strategic plan;
- Build and lead the senior management team, specifying accountabilities for management personnel and evaluating performance regularly;
- Develop and implement performance measures to drive, guide and also assess the overall performance of the organisation;
- Develop and maintain a culture of high ethics throughout the organisation;
- Develop an organisational environment that promotes positive staff morale and performance;
- Proactively manage change in response to the needs of stakeholders, clients, the organisation, and its environment.
- Responsible for SEDCO budgets and cash flow and the delivery of financial management information;
- Develop income and expenditure plans and monitor results;
- Lead the development and implementation of customer and stakeholder engagement strategy; and
- Initiate, and develop policies and strategies designed to promote the growth of the SMME sector.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Seven years’ senior management experience with exposure to strategy implementation and management.
Knowledge and skills
- Well-established team management
- Leadership skills and strategic agility
- Business and financial acumen.
- Good influencing skills.
- Client focus and service orientation
Applications for this position are now closed