Job No: ERAT23
Categories: Public sector
The Eswatini Revenue Appeals Tribunal was established to govern the adjudication of tax appeals in Eswatini under the Revenue Appeals Tribunal Act of 2019. On behalf of our client, the Eswatini Revenue Appeals Tribunal, we invite applications from qualified and skilled candidates who possess the required strategic agility, experience, drive and commitment needed to establish and implement the strategy and business goals of the Tribunal.
All posts need candidates who are results-oriented, goal-driven, and computer literate. The highest levels of integrity are essential for success in these positions. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend an interview.
- Purpose – Responsible for overseeing the operational management of the Tribunal through the provision of leadership and effective management of the senior management team.
- Key competencies – Strategic capability and leadership, well-established people management and communication skills.
- Act as the convener and spokesperson of the Tribunal
- Oversee policy and systems development
- Provide leadership to the technical team, as well as assess incoming tribunal matters and liaise with stakeholders.
- Undertake an initial assessment of the case files/ applications to the Tribunal to establish the level of authority and expertise needed to address the cases and determine the most effective route for individual case progression
- Coordinate and convene meetings of the Tribunal
- Undertake any administration necessary to support the effective delivery of the Tribunal role
Director Finance & Administration:
- Purpose – Responsible for leading and developing the division (finance business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration and Information Technology) and ensuring provision of quality service delivery.
- Key competencies – Analytical skills, strong business acumen, contract management, financial analysis and decisiveness.
- Lead and coordinate all activities within the finance, HR, IT and administration function
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Registrar
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the Tribunal
- Purpose – Responsible for providing the Tribunal with legal advice, researching appeal cases and writing legal memorandums summarising relevant facts and laws recommending propose dispositions.
- Key competencies – well-established customer focus, report writing, communication, conflict resolution, people management and research skills.
- Act as the Tribunal’s legal secretary and take lead on all legal work through research and drafting of adjudicated judgements
- Research cases and statutory law, compose research memoranda for the members of the Tribunal
- Lead the implementation of Tribunal processes and documentation
- Ensure the preparation and issuing of orders of the Tribunal
- Represent the Registrar on technical matters of the Tribunal as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law, Tax or Finance
- At least ten (10) years experience as a Legal practitioner, Chartered Accountant, or Tax practitioner with five (5) years in a leadership role.
- Technical experience in the application of tax legislation will be an added advantage.
Director Finance & Administration
- Chartered Accountant with six (6) years’ financial and operations management experience.
- Served articles with a registered audit firm, member of a recognised professional accounting body such as the Eswatini Institute of Accountants
- Postgraduate qualification in Business or IT will be an added advantage
- LLB or BCom Accounting degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Tax
- At least eight (8) years experience working as a clerk to a court or in a similar environment with four (4) years in a leadership role.
- Added advantage – LLM / Admitted Attorney and involvement in tax cases in the relevant courts.
Applications for this position are now closed