Job No: GM0924
Categories: Private Equity
Eswatini Reinsurance Company Limited (Eswatini Reinsurance) is a new reinsurance company within the Kingdom. Eswatini Reinsurance will commence full operations in January 2022.
On behalf of our client, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced business leaders to apply for the position of General Manager. As General Manager you will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the company, whilst ensuring good corporate governance and efficient delivery of set company’s objectives.
Main areas of Responsibilities (Duties):
- Provide strategic direction to the Company working with the Board.
- Establish and maintain good standing relations with the Board, Regulator and other key stakeholders.
- Compile all appropriate Board papers and coordinate meetings and presentations.
- Advise and provide sound secretarial and administrative service to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the company is in constant compliance with relevant statutory laws and regulations in relation to financial and legal requirements to good corporate governance.
- Perform periodic environmental analysis for the development and implementation of the corporate strategy, policies and other business plans following Board approval.
- Ensure the preparation of an annual budget and ensure the office operates within the approved budget.
- Develop and implement financial management controls to record transactions, adhere to financial regulations and ensure timeous production of Financial Statements.
- Build and lead the senior management team, specifying accountabilities for management personnel and evaluate performance.
- Ensure appropriate resource mobilisation for optimum operations.
- Approve the appointment of staff and all organisational transactions and contracts.
- Develop and implement appropriate performance measures to drive the company’s overall performance.
- Develop and maintain a culture of high ethics and performance throughout the company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Economics from a reputable Tertiary Institution accompanied by a formal Post Graduate Management qualification.
- Ten (10) years experience in an insurance or financial business with five (5) years at a managerial level.
- Formal training in the reinsurance/insurance industry is desired.
- Independent self-starter with strong administration skills.
- Well established interpersonal and communication skills.
- Visionary leadership, sound judgment and attention to detail.
- High levels of integrity and ethical judgement.
This is a contract position.
Applications for this position are now closed