Job No: MRIA24
Categories: Financial services
FSRA invites applications from qualified and experienced individuals to join its management team.
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) is an integrated regulatory and supervisory authority for all non-bank financial services providers in Eswatini. It was established in terms of Section 3 of the FSRA Act, 2010 with the mandate to foster financial stability through regulation and prudential supervision of financial services providers. With Integrity as one of its values, FSRA bases all decisions on ethical principles and legal fairness.
The Manager Risk and Internal Audit is responsible for all risk assessment and internal audit engagements to provide assurance on the effectiveness of controls. The main functions of the role include Risk Governance, Audit Planning, Audit Execution and Audit Reporting.
Key Performance Areas
- Collaborate with the Board and Executive Management to determine the organisation’s risk tolerance levels.
- Design, implement and monitor the risk management plan(s) and framework.
- Manage the Risk Function in embedding: the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process; FSRA risk policies; the Risk and Control Register; Internal Controls Framework; and Critical Risk Tracker.
- Perform risk assessments to set standards and ensure that risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Ensure an up-to-date Internal Audit Charter.
- Responsible for the overall planning, coordination and execution of internal audit engagements aligned to the Annual Audit Plan in consultation with the CEO and the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-Committee, in accordance with IIA standards and audit methodology.
- Provide ongoing input/advice with regards to corrective actions that can be implemented or taken to mitigate risks.
- Draft high quality audit reports with minimal oversight.
- Ensure management addresses instances of non-compliance or audit exceptions included in statements of corrective measures.
- Verify that corrective action is taken and report to management on verification of corrective action.
- Report to the CEO and the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-Committee as required.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Degree in Accounting or Internal Audit and must have completed articles with a recognised auditing firm.
- CIA, ACCA or CA (SD) professional qualification.
- Proven knowledge or experience in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Supervisory or managerial experience.
- High levels of integrity.
- Ability to make sound and objective decisions.
- Good communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature professionally.
Applications for this position are now closed