Join Head of Tax, Khanyisa Cingo-Ngandu as she tackles the impact of home office expenses on businesses and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The benefits and/or disadvantages of working from home.
- Can employees qualify for a deduction?
- Which expenses may qualify as a deduction.
- What are the qualifying criteria?
- What does the Act say?
- Are there any binding general rulings, Interpretation notes, or case law on the matter?
- What documentation needs to be in place.
- SARS view on the matter.
Khanyisa Cingo-Ngandu Khanyisa is currently serving as a Director in our Tax division, in the Woodmead office. She graduated at the University of Cape Town (UCT) and is a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA, SA). She completed her training with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and since then has spent more than 10 years of her work experience specializing in Tax. Khanyisa together with two other colleagues just completed one of GTI’s prestigious leadership training. She regularly participates in industry events and has had opportunities of providing Tax insights and opinions in various media platforms. Khanyisa’s passion for innovation has led to new technology developments within the Tax environment, providing an enormous benefit for our clients and these include, VAT analytical tool and Global tax Compliance Tracker.