We assist family businesses throughout their life cycle. We understand that families are incredibly committed to their businesses, and we at Grant Thornton South Africa are in turn absolutely committed to our family clients, and their businesses.
We work with a range of family businesses, including those where families:
Contact an expertFind out More
- own a percentage
- are actively involved in management
- have voting control
- control the strategic direction of the business, or where
- more than one generation of the family is involved in the business
Our services include:
- those needed during the formation of the business by the first generation,
- a range of consulting, tax, audit and advisory services during the growth and mature phases,
- assisting the family to transfer to another generation, and
- providing the services needed to unbundle, list, sell or close down the business
We also assist family businesses to deal with all the dynamics unique to family businesses, for example, where members of the family want to exit the business.