SEFA offers access to finance to SBCs and provides assistance to build sustainable businesses through repayable loans. They offer loans through direct and wholesale lending from R500 – R5 000 000
SEFA considers all applications for finance; however, the enterprise must have a business plan. SEFA can assist with drawing up the plan.
To be considered for finance, you must:
- Be a South African citizen or a permanent resident
- Be a registered entity, including sole traders with a fixed physical address
- Be within the required legal contractual capacity
- Be domiciled in South Africa
- Be compliant with generally accepted corporate governance practices appropriate to the client’s legal status.
- Have a written proposal or business plan that meets SEFA’s loan application criteria
- Demonstrate the character and ability to repay the loan.
- Have provided personal and/or credit references (if available).
- Be the majority shareholder and the owner-manager of the business.
- Provide relevant securities/collateral.
- Have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate
For more information, please visit the SEFA website