- Grant Thornton concludes integration discussions in South Africa
- Grant Thornton comments on Stats SA’s Tourism arrival stats for 2017
- KZN North Coast tourism shows steady growth – even amid weak economy
- Statement from Paul Badrick, CEO, Grant Thornton Jhb
- Percentage of women in senior roles in SA creeps up
- SizweNtsalubaGobodo joins Grant Thornton network
- Strategic foresight is a crucial component of responsible corporate governance
- More than 80% of local businesses do not consider disruption and longevity in their strategies
- Manage recession by managing risk
- Political instability knocks SA business confidence in Q2 2017
- Hosting AHIF generates a seven-figure economic boost
- Planning for failure is the only solution to global cyber threat
- New B-BBEE reporting requirement will shed light on true extent of transformation
- Grant Thornton comments on Auditor General’s MFMA Audit Report.
- Family-owned businesses can thrive with the correct advice and long-term business guidance
- Businesses in ASEAN more adept at aligning cyber security
- Deadline for POPI Act compliance on the horizon
- Hotels face increasing risk from cyber pirates
- Grant Thornton International Business Report Q4 results
- Little progress in gender diversity worldwide
- Executive commentary on Budget speech 2017
- Can SA sustain remarkable 2016 tourism growth as the Rand continues to strengthen?
- Gauteng State Of The Province Address 2017
- Western Cape SOPA 2017
- 2018 Budget Treasury faces biggest challenge yet in plugging widening funding deficit
- 2017 Budget must fund huge shortfall, collections have to improve
- Sustainability and diversity of experience are top of mind for SA directors
- Snippets and insights from Mining Indaba 2017
- Avoidance in certain cases is important in fight against increasing threat of cyber crime
- SA Q3 business outlook is 51% more optimistic than Q1 2016, while global optimism continues to decline
- Making B-BBEE reporting compulsory should strengthen original intentions of empowerment legislation
- Overall public finance management shows encouraging improvements but irregular spending is concerning
- DTI announces postponement of B-BBEE “Empowering Supplier” requirement
- Comments and snippets from Grant Thornton on SA Medium Term Budget Policy Statement 2016
- Businesses should compete with themselves to achieve real innovation
- SA needs steady flow of registered auditors to maintain global Number One position for Auditing and Reporting Standards
- Five things SA can start doing to stave off the water crisis for good
- Mandatory audit firm rotation may have unintended consequences for industry
- Emerging economies still offer excellent investment opportunities
- Branding is SA hotel industry’s weapon in the new digital war for customers
- SA Business slow to embrace “innovation” economy
- The yin and yang of King IV
- Businesses urged to address gender diversity this Women’s Month
- B-BBEE amended codes mean higher costs for SA business
- New Grant Thornton associate company in Cape region to address growing HR, Payroll needs
- Government service delivery issues affecting 61% of SA businesses
- Last chance saloon for undisclosed assets and tax liabilities
- New CEO for Grant Thornton Johannesburg further enforces worldwide ‘growth 2020’ strategy
- SoftCo partners with Grant Thornton in SA to deliver leading business process automation solutions
- M&A under threat from Brexit fallout
- Right people in the right positions will help to reform public sector financial management in SA
- SA Hotels risk being cut adrift as global travellers catch growing technology wave
- SA business execs continue to put off investment decisions, consider investing offshore as confidence declines
- Corporate SA urged to prepare for new tax reporting standard.
- Parliament, provinces under pressure to meet deadline for new finance regime
- Tourist arrivals to SA hits new record
- South Africa must find African specific solutions to its challenges
- SA Business needs to embrace complex systems thinking
- Women in business survey 2016
- Mining Indaba 2016
- SA business optimism limping to recovery – IBR Q4 2015 data
- Van Rooyen will face stern test to solve municipal revenue riddle
- Grant Thornton JHB CEO resigns
Discussions between the separate Grant Thornton member firms in South Africa regarding integration with SNG Grant Thornton have now concluded.
Stats SA released the 2017 tourism arrival statistics this afternoon. For the 12 months, South Africa welcomed 10,29 million foreign tourists (visitors who stayed overnight) in 2017. This is up only 2,4% over 2016.
Tourism to the KwaZulu-Natal North Coast has increased by 9% over the past three years and contributed in excess of R3 billion to the gross domestic product (GDP) of iLembe District Municipality for the period March 2017 to February 2018.
The Grant Thornton Johannesburg firm has undertaken a review of the way we have handled the sexual harassment allegations levelled against a former Head of Forensics.
Grant Thornton survey says percentage of women in senior roles in SA creeps up. But no women at all in senior roles in 20% of SA businesses, is concerning
SizweNtsalubaGobodo, the largest home-grown audit and advisory firm in Southern Africa, joins the Grant Thornton global network as a member firm in South Africa.
Strategic foresight is a crucial component of responsible corporate governance
More than 80% of local businesses do not consider disruption and longevity in their strategies
Robust risk management secures against economic uncertainty.
Political instability knocks SA business confidence in Q2