Tax laws are generally complicated. Understanding and navigating tax laws in a new country is particularly challenging. SNG Grant Thornton Global Mobility team can assist new assignees with a clear and easy process aimed at avoiding confusion and uncertainty in unfamiliar territory.
Our services include:
- Registration and deregistration of expatriates with relevant tax authorities.
- Preparation of annual income tax returns for expatriates.
- Preparation of first, second and top-up provisional tax computations and returns.
- Conducting arrival/departure briefing of expatriates.
- Drafting and submission of objection letters and follow-up with revenue authorities.
- Appeals or alternative dispute resolution procedure, including meetings with tax authorities where required.
- Liaising with tax authorities on all inbound and outbound tax queries on behalf of expatriates.
- Facilitation of audits relating to expatriates.
- Assisting with gross-up and tax equalisation calculation.
- Review and advise on tax equalisation policy.
- Assisting with tax clearance certificates/letters of good standing from tax authorities.
- Provision of general tax advisory pertaining to expatriate services.