Job No: MD0421
Categories: Private Equity
A job opportunity has arisen for an experienced technical professional to join an ICT company providing affordable, reliable internet to citizens of the Kingdom. Our client, who is people-oriented, utilizes sophisticated technology as they strive to develop into an ICT leader in Eswatini.
The MD will lead and develop strategic initiatives aligned with the mission and vision. The incumbent must be a self-starter with a hands-on approach and will be responsible for vetting opportunities, financial analysis and closing of sales and internal mechanics. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the incumbent’s ability to drive the firm’s sustainable and ethical profitability.
Key performance areas
- Ensure the implementation of approved strategic and business plans within the budget set by the board.
- Lead management staff to achieve organisational, as well as individual objectives and set sound management, administrative and financial controls.
- Lead the development and implementation of key stakeholder engagement strategies to better position the entity for growth and success.
- Report to the board, providing market insights and strategic advice.
- Put in place processes, systems and strategies supporting the development and maintenance of an ethical culture throughout the organisation.
- Develop an organisational environment that promotes positive staff morale and performance.
- Proactively manage change in response to the needs of stakeholders, clients, the organisation, and its environment.
- Responsible for the organisation’s budgets and the delivery of financial management information.
- Interact with our non-profit operation, as a vendor for their ongoing needs and goals.
- Support all staff in day-to-day operations.
- Develop and deliver growth and training programs for staff to continue expansion and success.
- Initiate and adhere to all human resources and departmental policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT management or equivalent.
- An MBA or CA is desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience within a technical field (network engineering, public network delivery, etc).
- Senior management experience is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of networks and IT systems.
- Well established interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Strategic mindset and self-driven.
- Have a pleasant and friendly demeanour.
- Ability to learn and use various software systems.
- Highest levels of integrity.
This is a three-year contract.
Applications for this position are now closed