Job No: CFO2117
Categories: Public sector
On behalf of our client the Small Enterprises Development Company LTD “SEDCO”, a category “A” Public Enterprise, we invite applications from qualified candidates who possess the required technical experience, vision and drive to apply for the Chief Financial Officer position.
Implement, control, and manage financial management and accounting systems, as well as procedures.
- Develop an appropriate financial policy framework to guide the organisation’s financial decision making;
- Contribute to the overall strategic development of the organisation;
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenue, and financial commitments against projected revenues and expenses;
- Assess and comment on current and future financial status of the enterprise;
- Establishes procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping;
- Oversee the preparation and consolidation of budgets and forecasts in accordance with budgetary assumptions and guidelines;
- Provide sound financial advice to management on resource utilisation, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts;
- Review and analyse the overall spending budget and prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Analyse and classify risks and investments to determine potential impact on the organisation;
- Ensure availability of management accounts;
- Analyse management accounts, financial projections and reports, to facilitate decision making;
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and recommend solutions to business and financial problems;
- Ensure adequate safekeeping of accounting records; and
- Liaise with external auditors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with 6 years of management experience
- Member of a professional Accounting Institution.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic agility
- Goal-oriented and service driven.
- Proven team management and leadership skills.
Applications for this position are now closed